MGO™ 550⁺ Manuka Honey (250g)
This high grade premium MGO™ 550+ Manuka Honey from New Zealand is guaranteed to contain minimum of 550mg/kg of methylglyoxal, a naturally occurring compound that is present in high quantities only in some Manuka Honey.
For Ultra-strong care.
MGO™550+ MANUKA HONEY (250G)
Manuka honey is made by bees from New Zealand Manuka flower nectar which contributes unique natural ingredients to the honey that make it different to other honeys.
Manuka honey is the first honey to be so extensively researched and recognised by scientists and medical experts for its remarkable therapeutic properties.
MGO™ 550+ Manuka Honey is the highest strength Manuka Honey certified to contain at least 550 mg/kg of methylglyoxal.
- 100% New Zealand origin
- Tested for quality and purity
- Certified for natural methylglyoxal content
- Smooth velvety texture and beautiful rich taste
- Nurtured and protected from hive to home
- Halal certified
- Certified to contain at least 550mg of methylglyoxal.
250g / 0.55lb
|Form / Type||
Food grade plastic bottle
100% Pure Manuka Honey
Light to medium brown color
|Size – L x W x H||
6 x 6 x 8.4 cm
Ways to take Manuka Honey
• Straight from the spoon
• Add to tea or warm water but avoid extreme heat (e.g. baking or adding to boiling water) as this can destroy some of the beneficial components in the honey.
• Dilute into water as a replenishing drink to rehydrate after exercise, during and after diarrhea or other cause of dehydration
• Add to smoothies, yoghurt, or use as a spread. * Note: for antibacterial effects it is best to take separately from protein-containing foods
• Apply directly to the skin. * For wound care we recommend sterile medical grade Manuka Honey Wound Care products
Take 1 teaspoon 1-3 times daily
* For best results take at least 30 minutes before or after protein-containing meals as methylglyoxal can be degraded in the presence of proteins
Honey is not recommended for infants under 12 months of age.
Manuka Honey has a moderate Glycaemic Index of 54-59. Diabetics may still take Manuka honey with careful management of blood sugar levels.
Q. What is Manuka Honey?
A. Manuka honey is made by bees from New Zealand Manuka flower nectar which contributes unique natural ingredients to the honey that make it different to other honeys. The power of New Zealand Manuka honey comes from the combined therapeutic properties of honey and the native Manuka tree.
Q. What can I use Manuka honey for?
A. Manuka honey has been widely researched and shown to possess numerous therapeutic benefits.
• Promotes healing
MGO™ 550+ is the highest strength Manuka Health Manuka Honey so it's also great for:
* Digestive health
* Oral health
* Sore throats and cough
* Wound healing
* Skin care
* Nutritious wholefood sweetener.
Q. What does the MGO mean?
A. MGO = Methylglyoxal. Scientific evidence has confirmed methylglyoxal as one of the key compounds naturally occurring in New Zealand manuka honey. Manuka Health pioneered our MGO™ Manuka Honey rating system based on this research, reflecting the amount of methylglyoxal present in the honey. Methylglyoxal is only found in significant quantities in some manuka honey and levels can vary greatly, so testing and certification of each batch is important to guarantee methylglyoxal content. MGO™ Manuka Honey Quality System guarantees purity, freshness, quality and authenticity. The higher the MGO rating, means a higher level of Methylgoyoxal in the honey, resulting in a stronger therapeutic benefit.
Q. Can I have too much Manuka Honey?
A. Manuka honey is a safe and healthy food. There are no known risks to eating Manuka honey as it is a natural product, but as with everything we recommend you enjoy in moderation.
Q. Is Manuka Health's Manuka honey 100% pure honey?
A. Yes. Manuka Health's Manuka honey is 100% pure honey.
Q. Is Manuka Honey safe for pregnancy?
A. We are not aware of any research which indicates that honey coudl cause problems during pregnancy. However, if there is any concern, we recommend consulting your healthcare professional.
Q. Where does Manuka Honey come from?
A. The native Manuka tree (Leptospermum scoparium) thrives in New Zealand’s unique and challenging natural environment, acting as a natural protector and regenerator of the forest. The complexity of Manuka honey comes from New Zealand’s distinctive environment – the soils, air, wind, water and eco-systems unique to our corner of the world.
Our products are made & packed in New Zealand.